Aug 19, 2015

Kettle

By: The Vain Critic

Miso-glazed Salmon

So much for the hype and all, I really was disappointed yesterday from the type of service I experienced. I've been craving to try this resto for the longest of time because of its popularity in social media where foodies and celebrities have been raving it for its signature dishes. Truly, popularity doesn't sit well every time.

Angus Roastbeef Hash

I brought along my mom and my brother, who are legit foodies, and they too were not amused by the service we experienced from this restaurant. It was only 4:30 PM and the service crew were already inattentive to our needs. The waiter assigned to us looked unenthusiastic or perhaps too bored to serve us that time. The orders we gave were reiterated for verification but boy oh boy! I still got the wrong dish afterwards!

Truffle Gorgonzola

With regards to food, their dishes were "A-ok" but not that outstanding. Their Truffle Gorgonzola pasta was a subpar version of Mamou's Lorenzo's Truffle Cream, The price of their dishes were on the higher side, so better yet check out the web to have a glimpse of what they can offer or if it can fit your budget.

US Angus Short Ribs

The place was cozy, inviting, and properly lit, but the service was just awful. Moreover, there was this single housefly that constantly bugged us the entire time adding more to my bad experience.

I would want to try and visit Kettle's other branches one of these days, hoping that redemption can be acclaimed.
Ambiance: 8.3
Cleanliness: 7.0
Facilities: 7.7
Food: 7.8
Service: 5.0

Overall rating: 7.1/10
Mood: DISAPPOINTED
Cuisine: American
Address: 5th Floor, East Wing Shangri-la Mall, Mandaluyong, Philippines
Store hours: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Price range per dish: P250 - P700