Jun 6, 2013

Mixed Ravioli

By: The Moody Critic


This dish features a duo of spinach and cheese ravioli and a mushroom ravioli. Though I'm not really a fan of vegetables, this dish surely proved me wrong even if meat was not involved at all.

The mushroom ravioli was a lot better because it's taste was complementary to the pomodoro sauce. On the other hand, the spinach and cheese ravioli was quite pungent and it didn't produce a synergistic effect with the sauce. The pasta was al dente and had a correct ratio with its filling.

The vibrant pomodoro sauce and the fresh basil chiffonade provided the effective contrast of colors making this dish very enticing to eat. However, I find the sauce very sour so I had to rely on the pasta to neutralize that acidity. If I had brought along a litmus paper, I'm sure the blue will turn red. The feta cheese should have been grated rather than placing them as large chunks.

What I most specifically didn't like about this dish was was the garlic bread foccacia. It was really hard and it lacked flavor.
Presentation: 8.3
Taste: 7.8
Texture and consistency: 8.8
Serving size: 7.4
Value for money: 6.9

Overall rating: 8.0/10
Mood: SATISFIED
Resto: Bizu Patisserie
Address: Greenbelt 2, Ayala Center, Makati City
Full food name: Mixed Ravioli
Price: P395.00